Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Making Walnut Milk


I make almond milk every week for my husband and I....but this week has been busy and I keep forgetting to soak my almonds....and so it seemed the right time to try making Walnut Milk instead, because you don't need to soak walnuts first.


It is so simple and quick to make - and a wonderful source of omega 3 fatty acids.

Put 1 cup of organic walnuts and 3 cups of water in a high powered blender.

Blend on high for a couple of minutes.

Strain through a nut milk bag.

Store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.

It's nice and creamy. Enjoy on cereal and as an alternative in recipes to dairy milks.


I like it as much as the almond one....maybe this will now become my new go-to non-dairy milk.  Have you tried it yet?  I've never seen it for sale.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com