Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Grape skin flour experiments

I got some new fruit flours this past week so have been keen to get trying them out.

I got some grape seed flours and also some grape skin flours.  My first two tries with the grape seed flours I didn't really care for, but when I tried the grape skin flours, I really like them.  The grape skin flours are made by WholeVine Products.  They are naturally gluten free.



You may recall that I've made my own fruit flours before - mulberry, apple, raspberry, strawberry, but these ones were purchased - even though we have a vineyard! Maybe this year I'll make my own grape flour!

Anyhow I wanted to make some savory crackers to have with a glass of wine.  I thought about different spices and flavors and which ones go well with different wine varietals and the result is:

  • sauvignon blanc and caper crackers, and
  • merlot and mustard crackers

I love them both and so did my taster friend yesterday!  I'm really quite excited and want time to try lots of other things.  I'm going to be making some for my new Food as Medicine group this week.  I hope they like them as much as I do!

If they like them, I'll share the recipes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com