Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Kitchen tools: Bamix immersion blender and grinder

I love my Bamix.  I've had one for years - originally had one in England so that must be over 20 years ago.


The Bamix is an immersion blender with a small processor/grinder attachment.  I actually rarely use it as an immersion blender but use it all the time with the grinder. It gets used a few times every week especially as it is my go to piece of equipment for grinding my flax seeds.

I also use it for making nut butters. As the grinder is only a small size, it makes great nut butter.  I never want large quantities anyhow so it is perfect.


Today and last week I used it for a batch of nutella, as I'm making nutella ice cream for friends this weekend.  If I'm making nutella ice cream just for me, I make everything in the grinder - as all it is one tablespoon of healthy nutella plus one frozen banana.  Whip them up and you get yummy ice cream. I'll be making enough ice cream for 3 of us so  the bamix made the nutella and I'll use my regular processor for the frozen banana bit.


I also use the grinder for spices, herbs, nuts, seeds, making bread crumbs, etc.  You can use dry and wet ingredients in it. Unlike a coffee grinder, which many makes you can't wash properly, the bamix grinder comes apart for easy cleaning.

The immersion blender comes with different blades for doing different things. There is a flat disk useful for whipping and you can whip non dairy milks into the texture of cream with that as its so powerful.  Great for fancy coffee drinks if you like those.


It is more expensive than other immersion blenders but it is also more powerful and the small size of the grinder is perfect so many things.


Here's my latest version of a healthy nutella recipe - just made with my Bamix:

1/2 cup roasted hazelnuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon coconut nectar or sweet freedom
1/8 cup water

If the hazelnuts aren't already roasted, dry roast them in a pan and the rub them in a kitchen towel to remove the skins.

Place the hazelnuts in the Bamix grinder and grind/blend, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides.  It does take a reasonable amount of scraping - and grind for about 5 minutes until the consistency of a nut butter.  Add the remaining ingredients to the grinder and whip in the grinder until smooth.

Store in the fridge.

Healthy nutella ice cream (vegan, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free)

To make healthy nutella ice cream, for one person, blend 1 chopped frozen banana with 1 tablespoon of healthy nutella.  Enjoy!  Easily multiplies up for more people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com