Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Take time to smell the flowers on Friday

Today's flower photos are of some of the tall, long flowers in my garden.

I love the foxgloves as it's so good to see all the bees up inside the individual flowers.  And they grow so tall.  They've spread quite a bit in our garden.


The "red" hot pokers (in this case, orange) bring back lots of childhood memories.  I used to hate them then and found them quite scary.  I used to "accidentally" hit them with my tennis racket and break them!  I still don't really care for them much, but they are in the garden, growing nicely, so I guess as I don't have a tennis racket anymore, they are safe.  Did you know their botanical name is  Kniphofia?



Hope you took time to look at the flowers this week. What did you like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com